
translation;" Kiruna dies-fight"


There are very many hair salons in Kiruna. On my walk around town, I realized to late that I should have taken some pictures , a collection of all the little salons. It seemed like every apartment house had a little basement shop sign, a hair cutter just for you. With so many hair salons, it also struck me, that there were no extraordinary hairdos to be observed, nor were there many people out on the streets to observe. I finally came upon this giant hair truck, maybe it's the hair product supply truck? I don't know, but it seemed very appropiate somehow.



I love Kiruna, but I don't think that I could live in Kiruna. This is the Polar Bowling Hall, and the Sporthall.



over it all towers the biggest iron ore mine. The ground of the city has become fragil because of the mine, and big plans are in place to move the whole city. An experiment.Fancy architects with fancy architect glasses down in Stockholm are having fun. I hope they save some of the particular charm of Kiruna, the one of a place stuck in time. A time that was special in Sweden, both good and bad, but mostly good.



the best altar piece painting ever. Not of hairy dudes, but of a forrest. I could possibly believe in that religion.

The Kiruna church is inspired by a sami kåta






1 comment:
Really interesting. I especially love the big hair bus.
Post a Comment