This is the brand new opera in Oslo, and it is a great building. In Norwegian, going to the opera, translates to going ON the opera,
which is exactly what you do here. Its all marble and granite (I think) and glass. When it was finished, this spring, people would just kind of pilgrimage, to take the hike up to the roof of the opera.What I like the most is that the architects, a norwegian team called snohytta , took the 'elite', the exclusive,the expensive, and made it so public, anyone can walk on the opera.
The ground felt sacred, I dont know if its because of the marble or the sky reflecting itself in the glass, or the view out over the city and the fjord.
this is us. We are eating icecream.
This is what the inside the lobby looked like. I couldnt decide if the wood felt to heavy or not.
This is the view from the top of the opera, out over the city and the Oslo fjord. The ship across the water is Innvik. The owners are very artist friendly, Innvik has a small bar, a stage, and a few cabins that rent for Bed and Breakfast. Its special.
The ground felt sacred, I dont know if its because of the marble or the sky reflecting itself in the glass, or the view out over the city and the fjord.
this is us. We are eating icecream.
This is what the inside the lobby looked like. I couldnt decide if the wood felt to heavy or not.
This is the view from the top of the opera, out over the city and the Oslo fjord. The ship across the water is Innvik. The owners are very artist friendly, Innvik has a small bar, a stage, and a few cabins that rent for Bed and Breakfast. Its special.
1 comment:
Stunning.
Post a Comment