Friday, July 4, 2008

Hot Dogs

Since its 4th of july I figured that I should write something about hot dogs. The picture above is of a 'half special." Those are mashed potatoes, in case you were wondering. A whole special has two hot dogs. You can have them cooked or grilled. The white goopy stuff on top are pickles in mayonnaise, that cost extra . There used to be hot dog kiosks everywhere. The swedish version of getting a burger late, if you know what I mean.
This is called the Flying Hot Dog. The windshelter is very fancy. In the olden days there were none of that.
Also, this 4th of july,Bruce Springsteen is in town for two concerts. The papers cultural pages have written endlessly about it. There are essays by poets and artists, a professor at the University has made a thesis about Bruce.They talk about him on the radio.There are alerts on the bus system. I never really liked rock that much,but Bruces songs and romantic anthems about New Jersery, factories,the boardwalk,Ashbury Park, and escaping it all in an old Chevy got to me too, cant really explain why. In 81 I saw him in concert in Stockholm, and it was, of course, almost four hours of rock greatness.So tonight Gothenburg will be swamped with a lot of very sunburned, perhaps a few or maybe many drunk, loud,hopefully happy,Springsteen fans.

No comments: